Epoxy Injection to Repair Hollow Steel Base Plate using StoPox IH-BV, Low viscosity epoxy resin
The following steps are normally used in epoxy injection with StoPox IH-BV system.
- Check the hollowness of the base plate by tapping with a hammer and mark out the area.
- At the marked area, drill holes through the base plate.
- Attach epoxy nipple with StoPox SK 21-S, epoxy putty over the drilled holes.
- Ensure that all the potential leak area such as edges, cracks, bolts & nuts, etc. are sealed with StoPox SK 21-S.
- Cure StoPox SK 21-S for at least 4 hours.
- Mix StoPox IH-BV that comes in two portions until it is uniform in colour. The mix proportion is 5:2 by volume for component A:B.
- Suck StoPox IH-BV into injector and connect injector to nipple. Install special elastic rubber and release stopper to self-inject the epoxy resin into the hollow area. Tap with a hammer to ensure that all hollowness is filled with epoxy resin.
- When the StoPox IH-BV has cured i.e. hardened, remove the injectors and StoPox SK 21-S by chisel and grinding.
Grouting of 38mm diameter hole in 200mm thick wall with StoPox IH-BV, a 100% solid content epoxy resin
- Clean the opening surfaces to provide good bonding.
- Ensure that the opening is dried.
- Place PVC injection port and seal with StoPox SK 21-S; epoxy putty to both sides of the opening. Attached flexible tube to both the injection ports.
- Allow epoxy putty to set for more than 4 hours.
- Mix StoPox IH-BV, epoxy resin at a ratio of 5:2 by volume until even consistency.
- Pump the epoxy resin into the 38mm diameter hole from one side until epoxy resin flows out from the other side.
- Continue pumping until no air bubble can be seen coming out of the overflow tube.
- Seal off the overflow tube and increase pressure slightly.
- Seal off the inlet tube and allow epoxy to set overnight.
- Make good surfaces after the epoxy resin has set.