Injection Hose System is the brand name of a state of art, multi-injectable injection hose system, used to seal joints in concrete against water egress. Injection hose is used to transport grouting materials and then disperse them into the concrete joint via micro openings along the injection hose.
Injection hose is a highly resistant, robust, fully tested, single channel injection hose system that is made of specially developed PVC materials. Its expert design and state of art technology is the reason for its high performance, unique processing ability and total functionality.
It has the ability for multi-injectable grouting processes depending upon the grouting material used. This ability allows the system to be re-injectable for the life time of the structure, giving total peace of mind and assurance that the structure can be fully sealed and resealed, if and when required. A great advantage if movement or shrinkage occurs between concrete joint faces of the structure.
- A perfect sealing solution
- Excellent installation features, fast and easy to install
- Economical handling due to simple, easy connection of accessory pieces
- Injection hose is supplied on handy spool that allows for uncomplicated cutting to length due to numerical markings printed at every metre along the hose
- Low consumption of grouting material due to optimum inner hose diameter
- Maximum safety features as grouting processes are performed under very low pressures
- Simple grouting process with multi-injectable capabilities
- Multiple grouting materials can be processed
- Ultimate grouting processes performed at 10m-12m intervals between injection points. Overlength injections of up to 30 metres can be achieved with special injection processes and use of correct equipment
- Highly economical through rapid laying times and rapid injection processes
Areas of Application
- All areas where construction joints are present and require sealing against water or require a particular joint sealing process
- Water excluding and water retaining structures
- Basements and below ground structures
- Tunnels and underground vaults
- Water and sewerage treatment plants
- Ground and elevated reservoirs and dams
- Suspended slabs and roof slabs
- Water tanks and pools
Note : The products design and performance, its intended use, installation and final confirmation and approval for use, must be provided by the project’s Design Engineer and Project Manager.
Unsealed construction joints can decisively lessen the durability and utility-value of concrete structures. Nowadays, injection hose systems are being increasingly used for sealing construction joints in waterproof concrete structures. Their advantages are numerous when compared to traditional waterstop systems. It is not always required to inject the hose but usually only if the joint is leaking, thus making it a very cost effective procedure.
The area of application is usually at the construction joint (other application areas can be applied) where hardened and fresh concrete have to be joined in such a manner that the sealing effect of the construction joint is fulfilled equally.
Simple and rapid installation is achieved at all positions, levels and angles. It can also be laid where the installation of traditional systems is constructively impossible; for example, on geometrical complicated surfaces such as sheet piling, diaphragm and contiguous pile walls and old to new construction.
Reliable sealing of construction joints, cracks in construction joints, and destroyed areas of concrete (gravel pockets and cavities) can be filled. Previously this has not been possible to achieve with conventional waterstop systems.
It is used in all types of construction joints and in particular during the construction of water and sewage treatment plants, dams, barrages, underground garages, in tunnels and the construction of foundations, basements, bridges and power stations.
Outer Diameter: 13mm
Inner Diameter: 6mm
Length Markings: Every 1 metre
Micro Opening Dimensions
Length: Approximately 3mm
Spacing of openings: Approximately 10mmm
Location around hose: 4 equal positions
Injection hose is equipped with micro openings (injection ports), equally spaced over its entire circumference, which provides injection hose with optimum grouting characteristics. During the injection process, the microscopic ports open at 1 Bar and injected material is then allowed to perform its task of penetrating the construction joint that requires grouting. As a result, a more secure and longer lasting sealing of the construction joint is achieved.
The micro openings prevent any infiltration of concrete silt and foreign bodies into the injection hose itself. After successful injection, the pressure is released, which causes the micro openings to close. The injection channel can then be flushed out with water and without the threat of any injection material seeping back into the injection hose or water injecting into the joint during the flushing process. The specially designed micro openings are designed in such a way that they act as valves, allowing the release of material out of the hose but not back into it.
- Acrylic Gel
- P.U Resin
- E.P Resin
- Ultra-Fine Cement
- Injection hose – 120 metres roll – numerical markings every metre on hose.
- Plain Reinforced PVC Hose – only required for special applications to channel grouting material.
- Varioclix D Injection Point – dual injection point (can split into two single injection points).
- Varioclix BS Injection Point – dual injection point with blue spacer.
- Hose Clamp – holds hose into position on concrete surface, used in conjunction with impact plug.
- Impact Plug – securing pin for use with hose clamp.
- Hose Coupler/Joiner – joins hose or to join plain reinforced PVC hose to hose.
- Injection pumps, Injection resins & Injection nipples-used to perform the injection process.
- Installation of injection hose is preferably positioned in the middle of the substrate or if not possible, with a minimum of 100mm concrete cover from any outside edge.
- Injection hose must lie flat on the 1st concrete section with the hose clamps spaced at 150mm apart. If the concrete surface is rough, then the hose clamp spacings need to be closer so the hose is touching the surface of the concrete.
- The standard length of injection hose, between injection points is approximately 10-12 metres. This will help achieve an ultimate injection process.
- At the injection point locations where each individual hose length meets, an overlap of 150mm is required and with the two hoses laid parallel to each other at a distance of 30mm apart.
- The Injection Points are to be installed in such a way as to allow access at all times.
- For guaranteed security and performance, it is recommended that two layers be placed if the concrete substrate is greater than 1000mm wide or thick.
- Overlength applications of up to 30 metres are possible but the correct installation procedures, and
use of SX-T Acrylic Gel injection material must be used via a 2K Pump.
Note : Please refer to the manufacturer’s installation procedures and guidelines (available upon request)
Simple Injection Process
- Check the continuation of the hose by flushing with water or with air.
- The hose is injected via the injection point until traces of the injected material are discharged from the vent end (opposite end of hose). This vent end is closed by means of an injection nipple as soon as the injected material flows freely (without air pockets) from the vent.
- The flow and extent of the injection material in the concrete joint can be monitored during the injection process by means of the injection pump’s pressure gauge, if using a 2K pump.
- The injection process is continued until constant pressure has been reached. Constant pressure indicates that the concrete joint is absorbing no more injection material and thus signalling the end of the process.
- Any injection material still within the injection hose is simply flushed out by means of a water pump or a 3K pump unit. Minimal pressure is required and it is simple and easy to achieve.
- On completion of the flushing process, the injection channel is ready for future re-injections, if required.
Note : Installation and injection method processes are available upon request. Fully trained specialist contractors are available to perform the installation and injection processes.